As mentioned before, we had plans to go out for a take-away dinner with the kids for our anniversary, as well as go out without the kids to a nice restaurant. We decided to do the take away dinner on our activity anniversary day, a Thursday.
The day before our anniversary I got sick with a tummy bug. It was awful. I was so sick I was unable to look after the kids. Chris started work later to help me out, then Tahnee went back to bed and Lucas was happy in front of the TV. But when Tahnee woke up I was still unable to care for them, so my mum came around during her lunch break and Chris organised to come home from work early.
I was feeling better the next day, our anniversary, and we agreed to still go out for dinner. I opted for Subway as it wouldn't be too greasy for me. Chris and the kids had KFC. Midway through dinner Chris told me he wasn't feeling well. So we packed up and headed straight home. For that evening and the next day Chris was down with the same tummy bug I had! (and unfortunately my mum has also come down with the tummy bug too)
Saturday we had plans to go shopping for various things, and Chris said he was feeling well enough to keep our dinner plans for that night. So we dropped the kids off at mums and headed to one of our favourite restaurants, Tony Roma's. Since they don't accept reservations, its a first come, first served basis and we were told on arrival that it would a 45-60minute wait for a table. We decided to wait instead of go somewhere else. We then enjoyed a dinner of ribs for Chris and chicken for me. Due to our recent tummy bugs we forewent entrees and desserts. As I was still not 100% well from the tummy bug, we headed home pretty soon after finishing our meal.
Lastly, we agree each year not to do presents, but each year Chris comes home with a bunch of flowers. So this year, I decided to get him a few small things and settled on a new devotional and some chocolate from the kids. And true to form, Chris did come home with flowers for me, in the form of a potted Orchid.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment