LUCAS
Well where do we start with Lucas...he is 21 months - going on 21 years! He thinks he can do everything by himself, and yet still has times that he is still a "baby", like having snuggly cuddles after he wakes up from his afternoon sleep :) His vocabulary is incredible and the other week he came out with a 5 word sentence!! He was on the change mat and dropped his dinky car. He then said to me "Where's the car gone mummy?"...I was amazed :)
He is still obsessed with the normal boy toys of cars, Thomas the tank engine and other trains, as well as buses. He loves driving in the car and looking for buses...and he has very good eyesight!
We've had a little issue of him waking up at 530 every morning...much too early for me! We would alternate between giving him a drink, a cup of milk, some toys, some books and leaving him. However, leaving him would result in screaming, which would often wake up Tahnee. Then the other night we thought that maybe he is waking up because of the light. So once again we've put a dark coloured blanket over the window...and this morning he slept til 730 :) Fingers crossed the blanket does the trick!
His latest anecdotes involves him and a dummy...we were out visiting this morning when Lucas wanted his dummy. He knows its only for bedtime (but I take it along just in case). He spotted it in the nappy bag and checked to see if I was looking. Then the cheeky monkey closed his eyes, grabbed his dummy and popped it in his mouth!! lol...very egotistical thinking (which is normal) that if he cant see mum then she cant see him!! All I could do was laugh at him :)
![]() |
| Sittig on Tahnee - note her smiling |
TAHNEE
Princess Tahnee is now officially 3 months old. She has been home for 8 weeks and has settled in very well. She is usually happy and gives lots of smiles. She has even begun giggling which is just too cute :) She has been going 8-9 hours between feeds as of 8 weeks old and can go up to 12 hours some nights (which is uncomfortable for me, but great nevertheless).
Last week she and Lucas both caught a cold, and for Tahnee this meant yucky snot noses, lots of sleeping and having to work harder to breath. Then on Friday she projectile vomited 3 entire feeds up!! (She is the princess of projectiles). She repeated this on Saturday morning (while in Bunbury). We were quite worried and weren't entirely sure what to do...especially being a weekend. However, we tried feeding her 1 side, giving her a break of about an hour, and feeding the other side. And that seemed to do the trick. We had no more vomits after that, aside from "normal" baby spit ups.
I went to have her weighed today, thinking that she wouldn't have gained much after her vomiting episodes over the weekend...however, I was pleasantly surprised that she gained 400g in 3 weeks :) She is still much smaller than Lucas, which is something I'm trying to get used to! She still fits 0000 clothing...I tried her in 000 shorts this morning, and they literally fell off...so I think I need to go shopping for smaller sized shorts (most of my 0000 stuff is winter/spring) and since we are going camping after Christmas, she will need more clothes.
(at 3 months, Lucas was 2kg heavier and in 000 sized clothing)
CHRIS & TAMALA
As for us two, we are both being kept on our toes by our two littles :) Its much busier at home with 2 kids, especially after work with dinner, showers and bedtimes.
I am struggling to think of stuff to say about us...our life revolves mainly around the kids :) I'm sure you aren't interested in reading about us crashing on the cough most evenings, or going to be early, or our work routines, or our housework and other chores :) That's all pretty mundane stuff!
I am struggling to think of stuff to say about us...our life revolves mainly around the kids :) I'm sure you aren't interested in reading about us crashing on the cough most evenings, or going to be early, or our work routines, or our housework and other chores :) That's all pretty mundane stuff!
We are enjoying the busy, silly season that is the lead up til Christmas/New Year. We have something on every weekend until Christmas and have quite a few birthdays in Jan/Feb next year that will give us plans for many weekends in those months.
We are planning to go our for breakfast this coming weekend, a late celebration for our wedding anniversary. That actual date we had a yummy roast dinner at home and Chris bought some lovely flowers (I love fresh flowers). We are also hoping to go out to the movies next week, just need to organise a babysitter and work out screening times and feeds! We have been dating for 6 years and married for 3 years. I think we both agree that this past year was the hardest, having to deal with Tahnee's diagnosis and the uncertainty attached to it. However, we are thankful and praise God that we pulled together and are stronger in our marriage.
![]() |
| Taken by C |
![]() |
| Taken by T |
![]() |
| Taken by T |
![]() |
| Taken by T |
I think that is all the latest on our family of 4. Till the next blog post... :)










No comments:
Post a Comment