Thursday, January 19, 2012

~*~ 25 ~*~

It's my BIRTHDAY today


And I turned 25 ... or you could say quarter of a century ... or even half way to 50!! Whichever way you say it, I definitely don't feel that old (most days anyway)!

On the eve of my birthday Chris informed me that he had gotten a few hours off work the next day and would be home for breakfast and I could open my presents too.

Other than having Chris there, our morning routine was pretty normal. We showered, dressed, broke the fast and quenched the thirst. All morning Lucas kept asking when it time for presents! He was most anxious to give me mine. Finally we all done getting ready and I was able to sit down.

Lucas proudly brought me my present and wished me a very sweet "happy birf-day mum". Then he nicely helped me unwrap the present ... a new hair straightener :) Super excited about it as I have wanted one for ages, but am not the one to go out and buy something like that just 'cos.



After present giving, Chris headed out the door and Lucas, Tahnee and I got ready to welcome visitors. I had toyed with the idea of having quite a few people around (with their kids) and sitting outside ... however the weather was not kind and the forecast was for thunderstorms with heavy rain. So I binned that idea and just had my sister, my sister-in-law and kiddies and by bestie and her kiddies. Not too many people inside our house, but enough :)

After all that (over thinking) consideration, the weather forecast ended up changing late last night to thunderstorms in the afternoon ... so I was a little miffed at that. But not to worry, Chris and I are having a combined party in a few weeks time, so will get to see our friends then instead :)

Today we had a enjoyable, but slightly noisy, morning talking and laughing and watching the kids. Everyone had left by lunchtime and I was able to put both kids down for sleeps close to their normal times. But once again the kids decided to muck around a bit. Tahnee thought an hour was plenty long enough to sleep (she usually does 2 hours) and Lucas woke up after only 2 hours (instead of 3). So they haven't been the easiest of kids this afternoon ... but all in a mum's days' work :)

Now it is is mid afternoon and I am about to start dinner preparations and ensure the house is presentable for the other family visitors tonight :)

Thanks to everyone who either called, sent text messages, emailed and/or wrote on my facebook wall :) It was a great way to celebrate my birthday.



And in answer to a few comments about feeling old - nope, I only feel a day older than yesterday LOL :P

No comments: