Monday, April 16, 2012

Making Dinner

I've posted many stories and anecdotes about Lucas over the last year or so, and this is yet another one! Today Lucas was playing in his bedroom while I was in the dining room, feeding Tahnee. It was late afternoon and I was about to start making dinner when Lucas called out to me and we had this conversation:

Lucas: "Mum, I'm making dinner!"
Me: "Oh good, what are you making?"
L: "chippies"
Me: "oh yummy, are you making anything else?"
L: "yes, peanut butter {which actually means vegemite}"
Me: "okay, are we having anything else?"

At this point he replied, but I didn't understand, so Tahnee and I headed into his bedroom...

Me: "so you are making chippes and peanut butter, are we having anything else?"
L: "yep...apples!!"
Me: "good, thank you for making dinner Lucas"

However, Lucas had other ideas and our conversation led into actually having to consume the pretend dinner. It was very cute and I love how his imagination is developing :)



Feeding FatCat


Feeding Himself



Learning to Stand with Support


No comments: