Friday, September 28, 2012

Lucas' Comments

Lucas has come out with some cute lines lately ...

Last month his favourite saying was to tell me that every bit of food I made for him "tastes DEEE-licious Mum"

This month his favourite saying has been to tell me that every bit of food I make for him "tastes yummy Mum"

If you know Lucas, you know that he talks.a.lot! Often I find myself just "uh huh-ing" when he speaks, usually when I'm driving. Last week he was talking away, as usual, and I must have forgotten to respond, so he says "Do you hear me Mum?"

Sometimes I get frustrated with the kids and will say "Oh for goodness sake". A few weeks ago I was busy in another room when I heard the kids in the passage. All of a sudden I heard Lucas say "oh for goodness sake missy" in a very exasperated tone to Tahnee! I had to laugh to myself ... but it was a good reminder about being a role model to the kids and using the behaviours I want them to emulate.

Yesterday morning he found spare breast pads in the bathroom cupboard and told me I needed to "put them on your boobies"

Again yesterday, after having a very pregnant friend over for coffee/playdate in the morning and after his sleep, I went to get him out of bed and he pats my tummy saying, "Mum, do you have a baby in your tummy?" I said no. He then proceeded to tell me all about babies that move in tummy's. Not sure where he got that from!! Wouldn't have thought he would still remember feeling Tahnee move inside me.

And every morning when I get him out of bed, he eagerly asks if Dad is home. When I saw know, he holds up 2 fingers and says "okay Mum, Dad will be home in 2 hours" ... I wish buddy! I once told him it would be more like 10 hours to which he replied, "how about 4 hours {pause} or 6 hours?". Ahh....its not really a negotiation!!

No comments: