The day before, the weather forecast was for rain, so I had decided that I would stay home. There is nothing worse than sitting at soccer, cold from the rain, freezing from the wind and tying to keep 2 kids relatively dry and happy! However, the morning of, the day was clear, and a glance at the radar at lunch time showed no rain on the horizon, so we decided to all go down :)
![]() |
| Tahnee's first soccer game! |
At one stage during the game, Lucas and I took a wander down to visit Chris in the goals. For those who have seen Chris play, you will know that he is fairly loud on the field! After Lucas had a chance to watch Chris (and hear him!), we began to walk back to our chairs. The ball was about three-quarters of the field away, when Lucas decides to yell quite loudly, "GO! RUN! RUN!' ... what can I say but "Like Father, Like Son" LOL
Towards the end of the game, Lucas and cousin Ashton were getting a little antsy and were wanting the attention of Opa, who was lining on our side of the field. So they grabbed their chairs, sat near the line and starting yelling "OPA! OPA!". He acknowledge them with a wave and a smile, but it wasn't good enough for the boys. They kept calling for him, and when he was close enough, he asked what they wanted. In reply, Lucas said "Opa! Watch me!" ... I think he was jealous Opa paid so much attention watching the game, rather than on him!!
And it was a good day. The weather was good, Lucas loved having freedom to run and play with his cousins, and Tahnee enjoyed the fresh air and cuddles!



No comments:
Post a Comment